Selena Gomez Unpopular in School

Selena Gomez Unpopular in School, Selena Gomez has admitted that she was not the “popular kid at school.” The 19-year-old star is now famous for her Disney show and relationship with teen heartthrob Justin Bieber.

But she says that she did not have a lot of friends when she was younger and so became a bit of a loner.
“I was never the popular kid at school,” she told the Daily Mail. “I had two friends, but I just sat at the back of the room and got on with my work.”

The Wizards of Waverly Place actress believed that the only reason she was not bullied was because her cousin was captain of the cheerleading squad.

“School is such an awkward time in your life I was never confident in school. Nobody picked on me because my cousin was one of popular gang,” she added.

Selena also addressed how she deals with negative feedback being in the entertainment business.

“There’s a lot of rejection in this industry and it’s tough,” she revealed. “There are also a lot of obstacles that you have to go through and it can be really exhausting. But if you love it, then that’s all that matters.”

“You’ve got to go for it. I still have people trying to bring me down, but I’m happy because I love what I do. Ignore the cruel jibes and stick with the nice people.

“I have a healthy, loving family and I have amazing fans. That’s all that matters to me. I try my best to not dwell in the bad stuff. Focus on the positive.”

Selena recently admitted that her first “girl crush” is on New Girl star Zooey Deschanel.
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!