Canalis dishes on Clooney

Canalis dishes on Clooney
Canalis dishes on Clooney, Elisabetta Canalis dishes on her relationship with actor George Clooney. Canalis described their romance and denied rumors on the reason they split.


For two years they were one of the hottest couples in Hollywood, but Elisabetta Canalis has opened up about her relationship with George Clooney saying he was “more of a father-daughter relationship,” which she “was unable to clarify ’til now.” The Italian beauty made the candid revelation in a new book Questo Amore (This Love) by journalist Bruno Vespa, reports People.

Canalis further “clarifies” her feelings towards Clooney as:

“the person who valued my feminine side the most” and “one of the best people I have met from a charitable point of view,” explaining, “he has been special for me, and very important, just as a father would be.”

When asked by author Vespa to explain, she said “between us there was more of a father-daughter relationship. I was unable to clarify this up ’til now.

“We both decided it was time to split up,” she says.

“George and I never spoke of marriage nor of having kids,” she said. “I don’t put limits to the possibility of having them, but neither George nor I had ever envisaged having kids together. The end of the relationship was not caused by a marriage issue, but instead by our personal needs.”

So why did they split, then?

“We split up for our own personal reasons not because of marriage,” she says, vaguely, adding that it was love at first sight for her when they met back in 2009.

“I threw myself body and soul into my relationship with George. Four days after we met I packed my bags and moved in with him.”

Canalis has absolutely no hard feelings for her ex, despite his quick, very public rebound with Stacy Keibler.

“He respected my feminine sensibility and was a marvelous boyfriend and one of the nicest people I have ever met because of his humanity,” she gushed.

“George is a real gentleman even in his private life. I was very much respected both as a woman and partner,” she added.

“My relationship with George did not damage me. I was with a man who is famous across the world and I will go forward on my own,” says the beauty, who tried her hand as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars before getting eliminated early on. “Here (America) I am living a dream!”
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!