Sober Man DUI

Sober Man DUI
Sober Man DUI, An Ohio man was charged with DUI after her was pulled over by the police, despite the fact that a breathalyzer test showed he had a blood-alcohol content of 0.000.

64-year-old Jessie Thornton who now lives in Surprise, Arizona said cops told him that they could tell he was drunk simply by looking at him.

Mr Thornton explained that in the evenings, he runs errands and goes to the gym, but a late-night swim might have led to the DUI accusation.

Surprise Police Department paperwork shows Thornton was 'pulled over for crossing the white line in his lane.'

'An officer walked up and he said ‘I can tell you’re driving DUI by looking in your eyes.’ I take my glasses off and he says, ‘You’ve got bloodshot eyes.’

I said, ‘I’ve been swimming at LA Fitness,’ and he says, ‘I think you’re DUI … we’re going to do a sobriety test.’ I said, ‘OK, but I got bad knees and a bad hip with surgery in two days.’

Thornton was indeed scheduled to have hip surgery two days later.

'I couldn’t even sit on the ground like that and they knew it and I was like laying on the ground, then they put me in the back of an SUV and when I asked the officer to move her seat up ’cause my hip hurt she told me to stop whining.'

Thornton said two other officers arrived and they conducted the sobriety test.

With a BAC of 0.000, the situation should have been resolved quickly, but Thornton was evaluated for possible drug use as well.

'Yes, I do the breathalyzer and it comes back zero, zero, zero,' said Mr Thornton.

Read more: Dailymail
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!