Chris Brown: 'I Lost Everything'

Chris Brown: 'I Lost Everything'
Chris Brown: 'I Lost Everything', Chris Brown has been showing a softer, humbler side of himself while promoting his current album X, and in speaking with Matt Lauer on Monday's TODAY show, the R&B singer set out to repair his tumultuous reputation by assuring the public that he intends to prove himself once again.

Brown has been on a not-so-successful mission to restore his rep ever since his domestic dispute with on-again, off-again girlfriend Rihanna the night before the 2009 Grammy Awards. The fight left Rihanna in the hospital and Brown with a criminal record.

"I've been humbled by the whole experience," Brown, 23, told Lauer. "From me losing everything, you know, to me having to regain public opinion or whatever it is -- but most importantly, you know, knowing that what I did was totally wrong and having to kind of deal with myself and kind of forgive myself in the same breath and being able to apologize to, you know, Rihanna and be that man that can be who is a man, you know?"

The TODAY anchor didn't let the troubled singer get off that easy, calling out his argumentative behavior over the past few years (i.e. Twitter attacks on his followers and other celebrities as well as his alleged altercation with R&B star Frank Ocean). "I think everybody is entitled to their opinion. For me, it's just a learning process. You know, I have to just take it one day at a time. I can't make everybody like me ...it's about me being positive."

Brown adds that "everything's good" with Rihanna, 25, and that he's ready for his uphill battle with the public. "I think it's just me proving myself once again. Knowing that what I did was wrong, and never doing it again. So as far as me and [Rihanna] are concerned, she knows my heart, and I know her heart. So I'm not really focused on the negative."
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!