Memorable February quotes

Memorable February quotes
Memorable February quotes, February may be the shortest month, but that doesn’t mean there's a shortage of significant moments. From window-shattering meteors to Academy Awards buzz (oscars 2013 best quotes), there was plenty to talk about this month. Can you guess who spoke these words?

Neil deGrasse Tyson/Bill Nye
On an asteroid passing near Earth:


"Now, this one that hit Russia, yes, it tore up the town a bit, but it's not disrupting civilization. If you get asteroids about a kilometer in size, those are large enough and carry enough energy into our system to disrupt transportation, communication, the food chains, and that can be a really bad day on Earth." asteroid 2012 da14 + 17,200 miles,

Mark Sanford/Jesse Jackson Jr.
On his recent troubles:


“Over the course of my life, I have come to realize that none of us are immune from our share of shortcomings and human frailties. Still, I offer no excuses for my conduct, and I fully accept my responsibility for the improper decisions and mistakes I have made.” political scandals 2000s, jesse jackson jr pleads guilty, mark sanford running for congress,

David Letterman/Jay Leno
On the Triumph cruise ship disaster:


“The Carnival Cruise people are very embarrassed, they're very upset and they want to do everything they can to make it right by the Carnival Cruise passengers. So today, everybody who was stranded, lost at sea, on the Carnival Cruise liner Triumph will be flown home on a brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliner." triumph passengers speak, triumph cruise lawsuit,

Mitch McConnell/Rand Paul
On a bill legalizing hemp production:


“I am proud to introduce legislation … that will allow Kentucky farmers to harness the economic potential that industrial hemp can provide. During these tough economic times, this legislation has the potential to create jobs and provide a boost to Kentucky’s economy and to our farmers and their families." rand paul co-sponsors hemp bil,

Piers Morgan/Kate Winslet
On the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI:


“The queen's a year older than the pope. Can't see her ever resigning because she's tired.” pope advanced age,

Chief William Bratton/Chief Charlie Beck
On Christopher Dorner’s accusations:


"I am aware of the ghosts of the LAPD's past.”

Keanu Reeves/George Lucas
On using digital technology vs. film:


“The debate isn't about whether digital is better than celluloid. It's about giving an artist the choice. … It's not pining for the past, nor championing a digital revolution. It's arguing that it's an exciting time for the industry. It shows us where Hollywood has come from, where we are now and where we might be going.” george lucas to donate disney sale proceeds,

Justin Gatlin/Usain Bolt
On Oscar Pistorius’ murder charges:


"For me, I'm really trying to take it all in. When I heard, I was in shock and I'm still just trying to process it in my head to see if this is really real. So I need to listen to what's going on and see what's really happening."

Harry Reid/John McCain
On Chuck Hagel’s nomination:


"We will have a vote when we get back, and I am confident that Senator Hagel will probably have the votes necessary to be confirmed as the secretary of defense." republicans oppose chuck hagel,

Diane Krueger/Fergie
On her pregnancy:


"Josh & Me & BABY makes three!!! #mylovelybabybump."

Dr. Drew/Roger Clemens
On the death of country singer Mindy McCready:


"I am deeply saddened by this awful news. My heart goes out to Mindy's family and children. She is a lovely woman who will be missed by many." mindy mccready suicide, celebrity rehab deaths,

David Axelrod/Hillary Clinton
On the White House’s leaked immigration policy plans:


"The mistake here was to disseminate it so widely within the administration that it got leaked. And I'm sure if they could they'd take that back." white house immigration policy 2013, hillary clinton paid speaker, david axelrod + senior political analyst,

Linda Johnson Rice/Oprah Winfrey
On same-sex marriages:


“For millions of committed and loving same-sex couples, including African-American couples, fair and equal access to marriage is still a dream. For these couples, they can’t show their true colors in the way my mother believed was absolutely essential.” illinois same-sex marriage bill, white house same-sex marriage, same-sex marriage,

Beyoncé/Katy Perry
On the best new artist Grammy award:


“Don’t feel bad if you don't win. I never won this and I have my own eyelash line. Take that, Bon Iver." grammy awards best new artist + fun, grammy awards dress code,

Bruce Willis/Robert Downey Jr.
On his career plans:


"There comes a time in every man's life when you gotta take a good, cold, hard look at what you want to do, and I want to give this acting thing up. I'm pope material." pope benedict resignation, bruce willis + diaper-changing champion,

Betty White/Jackie Stallone
On her age:


"Now that I'm 91, as opposed to being 90, I'm much wiser. I'm much more aware, and I'm much sexier."

Chris Christie/Kevin James
On his weight:


"I'm like basically the healthiest fat guy you've ever seen in your life." chris christie democratic mayors,

Rihanna/Lady Gaga
On canceling her tour:


"I've been hiding a show injury and chronic pain for some time now. Over the past month it has worsened. I've been praying it would heal." rihanna 25th + chris brown,

Marco Rubio/Joe Biden
On reaction to his State of the Union night faux pas:


“God has a funny way of reminding us we’re human.” ted nugent state of the union 2013,
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!