Dead Mouse Found In Curry Jar

Dead Mouse Found In Curry Jar, Hungry Cate Barrett made the gruesome discovery as she was about to tuck into dinner with her partner Nigel. Tikka mouse-ala: The curry sauce – complete with rodent, The nursery worker noticed that the £1.49 sauce was ‘more lumpy than usual’ as she prepared the meal.

‘I wondered if we had too many vegetables in the pan,’ said the 38-year-old.

‘I shouted out to Nigel to come to see if it was what I thought it was.

“Then I fished it out. There it was, a whole, dead, tikka masala-flavoured mouse. Needless to say, we didn’t eat the curry that we were looking forward to. The seal was firmly in place as the button on the top of the jar’s lid hadn’t popped out.

‘It was a really big shock to see it plop out of the jar.’

The couple, from St Austell, Cornwall, returned the jar complete with mouse to their local Asda store.

‘I’ve not had an explanation yet as to how the mouse got in the jar – it must have just fallen in the moment before the lid was sealed or something like that,’ said Ms Barrett.

‘Asda have been good about it all. I’m not squeamish but that definitely got my heart pumping when I saw it and gave me a real fright.

‘It’s going to be a while until I get another one of those tikka masala sauces.’

An Asda spokesman said: ‘The curry sauce has been sent to be analysed and a full investigation will take place, usually taking a number of weeks.’

Environmental Health is also investigating the incident.
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!