R Kelly Trapped in the Closet

R Kelly Trapped in the Closet, R. Kelly will debut a new set of installments of his "hip-hopera" Trapped in the Closet on IFC later this year. The previous 22 videos in the series – in which the R&B star narrates an increasingly complex soap opera as actors depict the action on screen – were a big hit for the fledgling network when they made their broadcast debut in 2007. The new videos, which will continue an ongoing plot centered on Kelly's alter ego Sylvester, have been produced in cooperation with IFC.

"When I first began experiencing the unknown journey of writing Trapped in the Closet I knew after the first chapter that I had tapped into something that was not of this earth," Kelly said in a statement. "Being the nosy person that I am, I more than anyone wanted to know what the second chapter would be. And now here we are at chapter 23, trapped in the million dollar question – what the hell is the package? Well, ladies and gentlemen, not only am I ready to reveal what the package is, but I have many more chapters to share."
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!