Whitneys Mother Cissy

Whitneys Mother Cissy, Celebrity reaction to Whitney Houston’s tragic death at 48 continues to pour in Sunday with some of the biggest entertainment names in the world mourning the loss of a legendary singer.


Cissy Houston, Whitney Houston’s mother, gospel singer Cissy Houston, issued the following statement: “We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Whitney. This is an unimaginable tragedy and we will miss her terribly. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support from her fans and friends.”

Barbra Streisand, “She had everything, beauty, a magnificent voice. How sad her gifts could not bring her the same happiness they brought us.”

Dolly Parton, “Mine is only one of the millions of hearts broken over the death of Whitney Houston,” Parton said in a statement obtained by Reuters. “I will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song, and I can truly say from the bottom of my heart, ‘Whitney, I will always love you. You will be missed.’”

Mariah Carey, Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston.

Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin told CNN in a statement, “I just can’t talk about it now. It’s so stunning and unbelievable. I couldn’t believe what I was reading coming across the TV screen. My heart goes out to Cissy, her daughter Bobbi Kris, her family and Bobby.”
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!