Terry Kimball Charged With 911 Misuse: Man calls 911 over taco bell


Terry Kimball Charged With 911 Misuse: Man calls 911 over taco bell, It seems that Terry Lynn Kimbell was actually acting responsibly, until he called the cops.


Police arrested ​Kimbell outside a Taco Bell around 12:00 a.m. Wednesday morning after the 50-year-old Floridian walked to the Mexican fast food chain after a night of drinking and dialed 911 when restaurant employees refused to serve him at the drive-through window.

Unfortunately for Kimbell, by the time he made it to Taco Bell, the establishment seems to have a no-car, no-tacos policy for the drive through.

Here's the call transcript, acquired by Bay News 9.

911: "Largo emergency."
Kimbell: "It's not an emergency. However, can you -- can you put me through to dispatch? I'm at the Taco Bell, and I walked in, and I left my car on purpose, so I wouldn't drink and drive. I walked up, they wouldn't serve me. So, I'm at the Taco Bell at 137th and Walsingham and I just want some tacos. That's it."

Rather than simply hanging up on Kimbell, the police operator investigated deeper into the matter.

911: "What are the employees saying?"

Kimbell: "You can't walk up, you've got to drive up. You got a get a DUI to get a taco. I got the munchies and I walked a quarter mile from here. Are you going to help me out or do I have to get arrested to get home? You know what I'm saying?"

911: "Well, we're not going to take you home."

Kimbell: "I want you to call the manager at the Taco Bell."

Police charged Kimbell with misuse of the 911 system.
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!