'Bill doesn't care about my breasts': Giuliana Rancic's husband rallies around wife as she prepares for double mastectomy

Pillar of support: Giuliana Rancic's husband Bill is continuing to rally his wife as she prepares to undergo a double mastectomy next week


Throughout her brave battle of breast cancer, he has been right by her side as a constant positive pillar of support.

And Giuliana Rancic's husband Bill is continuing to rally around his wife as she prepares to undergo a double mastectomy next week.

The 37-year-old E! News presenter said Bill has been assuring her every step of the way, and has told her he doesn't care what her breasts look like following the surgery.

‘He looked at me and said, ‘I want you to know that I could not care less about the physical aspect of this. I need you here to be my wife, and I need you here to be the mother of my children one day.'

In an interview with Wendy Williams yesterday, Giuliana said that 'scars were beautiful' and that she will feel more womanly once her double mastectomy surgery is completed.

'Listen, I love my girls [but] I'm gonna feel more like a woman when this is all done,' she told Williams. 'I think scars are beautiful. I think scars tell a story,' she said.

In her new interview with People she elaborates further.
Assurance: Giuliana said Bill has been assuring her every step of the way, and isn't the slightest bit interested in her physical appearance following the surgery


'I think scars tell such an incredible story. I'll always look at them and think, 'Wow, I made it through that.' " she said.

And while she is remaining brave throughout a no doubt terrifying ordeal, she says there are moments when she breaks down.

'Usually it's 2 in the morning, and I'll turn around from Bill so I don't wake him up, and I just cry,' she told the publication. 'I sob and think, "How did this happen?"'
By her side: Bill has appeared with Giuliana in all of her TV appearances as she tells her story to bring awareness to breast cancer

In her interview with Williams yesterday, Giuliana said it was important that the couple remain lighthearted about the the mastectomy.

'They might come out looking even hotter,' she laughed. 'You gotta have fun with this. We find the humor in everything. Bill helped pick 'em out. I'm like, Bill, that big? Really?'

Bill said on the show they were confident doctors will have success with the surgery.
They've come a long way,' he said. 'We've seen a lot of before and after and it's remarkable.'
Light-hearted: In her interview with Williams yesterday, Giuliana said it was important that the couple remain lighthearted about the the mastectomy

Just hours after revealing that she would undergo the procedures, Giuliana launched herself right back into work, interviewing Angelina Jolie at the In The Land Of Blood And Honey premiere for E! on Monday night.

She will also head back to hosting duties alongside Ryan Seacrest on Monday and told People magazine that she will be working on New Year’s Eve in Times Square, just over two weeks after the surgery.

Giuliana revealed that she would be undergoing a double mastectomy on The Today show, on Monday morning.

The E! News presenter spoke openly about her decision during the interview.

America's popular morning show later updated its Twitter feed, saying: '"I'm going to go ahead and move forward with a double mastectomy." -@GiulianaRancic'.
Family on hold: The couple will wait until Giuliana has recovered before embarking on IVF again

In October, Giuliana initially underwent a double lumpectomy to removed cancerous growths in both breasts as well as her lymph nodes - but now she is taking extra measures after doctors failed to 'get all the cancer out'

Bill, who sat by his wife's side throughout the interview, explained that medics were unable to 'clear all the margins' and get all the cancer out, hence the final decision of double mastectomy.

He said: 'We were left with the decision, do you go back and do another lumpectomy and try to clean it out or go forward with a more radical procedure?'

Giuliana even joked that the pair made a 'pros and cons list' to help them cement their decision.
Conquering the disease: The Today show featured snapshots of Giuliana's stay in hospital

She said her decision to have children played a part in making the decision, as otherwise she would have had to undergo another lumpectomy, radiation and two to five years of anti-oestrogen therapy, which would have put her into early menopause.

She said: 'To be honest, all it came down to was choosing to live and not looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life. It could have come back more aggressively next time, so for me it was just more important to get the cancer out.

With the double mastectomy I now have less than one per cent chance of getting it back, otherwise it was 20, 30 or 40 per cent chance and for me it wasn't worth it.."'

Giuliana, speaking very calmly on the show, added: 'Bill's been the world to me through this, he brought some laughter to the process and reminded me who we are as a couple.

She told Parade magazine: 'I'm good. I'm hanging in there. I have good days and bad days, but so far good.

'I'm very optimistic and I'm just happy to have caught it early. I think that's really the most important thing. Early detection means so much.'

Rancic discovered her tumour in its early stages during a doctor-recommended mammogram while undergoing in vitro fertilisation.

Having married entrepreneur Bill, who shot to fame on The Apprentice USA, in September 2007, the pair have made several attempts to have a child.

However, they experienced problems with conceiving and doctors recommended that Giuliana gain weight to increase their chances.

By 2010 she had put on five pounds, before embarking on IVF that March.

Sadly, despite falling pregnant in the spring, Giuliana suffered a miscarriage at eight weeks.

The couple have now decided to put a family on hold until Giuliana has made a full recovery.

source:dailymail
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Get our Latest Updates!